Thursday, February 17, 2011

If Alice Found Her Rabbit Hole


Alice never knew
(But I do)
The potential of that rabbit hole
All the fun that could've been had
If she abandoned all sense
And let herself go

The caterpillar, she did not like
She should have
(I know this, because)
He can share what's in his pipe
And bring about those strange delights
That one most often chases down
Rabbit Holes
In search of

Or that Cheshire Smile--
Her naivety shows--
That can so much more than loom
Out of the dark
(In a frightening way)
With potential to work that
Twisted, Crazy, Rabbit Hole
Magic on her softer bits

Well Alice may have never known
All the secrets of that rabbit hole
But I do
And I wish I could see
How far I could go
(While still being me)

If I turned to the wind and said
"Take my sense
I don't need it anymore
With my rabbit hole friends"
And threw that sense away
Away into the wind
Would I miss it
Or find
It's (really) more fun this way?

But rabbit holes are tricky things
(They're full of wonder but)
They're deep
And if I jump right down this rabbit hole
Will I find my way back
Or will I find I must stay?

"Now, Alice," You say
"Now she was fine
So you will be too
So step in line"
But Alice was blind
(Unaware of the fact)
That Rabbit Holes

Are slinky, sexy, dangerous
Places for little girls
To lose themselves
(In mystery
And Thrills)
To pretend, for a day
That they can be someone else

And if I were to follow her
(To that place underground)
I expect that I'd far too much enjoy
All those lures of the Rabbit Hole
To ever much care
If I remained lost or was found

No comments:

Post a Comment